Promise Story Contest Rules
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (“JDRF”)
“Promise Story Contest” Contest
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The “JDRF Promise Story Contest” (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and representatives of JDRF and their respective related companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. Timing: The official Contest start date is August 1, 2011. The Contest Period will last until 11:59 PM on June 30, 2012. Prizes will be awarded to those who are eligible at the completion of the Contest Period.
3. How to Enter: A person can officially enter the Contest by submitting attending a Promise meeting and submitting a photograph and meeting summary in the provided online submission form.
Limit one (1) entry per person per meeting. Mass entries or automatic or mechanical reproductions are invalid. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized user of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized user" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential prize recipients may be required to show proof of being the authorized user.
4. Determining Winners/Drawings: At the completion of the Contest Period, the participant who receives the most online votes will receive a top prize. Should multiple people qualify as having the greatest number of votes; one of these individuals will be chosen through a random drawing to receive the top prize.
Any attempt by any participant to artificially inflate the number of new advocates recruited by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void that participant's entries, and that participant may be disqualified.
Entrants selected for any prize or drawing must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified by mail, email, and/or phone. Each potential winner (or parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner is a minor, the Prize will be accepted by the minor's parent/legal guardian on behalf of the minor. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, the prize is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if required), the potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries remaining. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
5. Prizes: During a Promotional Period only, one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the winner. The Grand Prize will include the following: (a) round trip coach air travel for winner (and guardian, if winner is under the age of 18) to Ronald Reagan National Airport in the Washington, D.C., area from another major metropolitan airport in the United States; (b) one standard room for four nights and five days in a hotel in Washington, D.C., area to be determined by Sponsor; (c) trip must be arranged for arrival on specified dates in March 2013; (d) winner (and guardian, if winner is under the age of 18) is required to meet with anywhere from one to three of their federally elected representatives in their Washington, D.C., offices during the approved lobby day, to be scheduled by the Sponsor. All prizes must be coordinated through or otherwise approved by Sponsor.
Total prize value is approximately $1,500. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes. All other expenses are the responsibility of winner, including but not limited to insurance, meals, personal expenses, ground transportation, or any other item not specifically described in these Official Rules.
6. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's (or parent/legal guardian's) consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest for any cause beyond the control of Sponsor, which, in their sole opinion, corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify winners and award the prizes by way of random drawing from among all entrants who had entered the Contest up to the time of such impairment. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Contest, if, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, such person (a) shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or any other promotion; or (b) acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or its agents or representatives or in any other disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Release: By entering this Contest, entrant (or parent/legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
9. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, computer failures, or difficulties; (b) errors in transmission; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any injuries, losses, or damages, of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (e) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Contest generally.
10. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia. All disputes concerning the Contest shall be adjudicated in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, or the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, as applicable.
12. Winners List/Rules Requests: Contest results and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "JDRF Promise Story Contest” (specify Winners List or Rules)", 1400 K Street, NW, Suite 1212, Washington, D.C. 20005.
13. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and judges which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
14. Sponsor: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, 1400 K Street, NW, Suite 1212
Washington, D.C. 20005.
[insert leaderboard here]